Tabs

Friday, March 16, 2012

30 Before 30

Let's just start this off with a simple honest statement: I did NOT complete my goals. I made it less than 1/3.

BUT I am just starting my 30th year, so I have decided that I have until I am 31 to complete these goals. Going against the rules? Possibly, but its my life and I think I can break the rules. These are still things I want to complete (I may re-vamp one or 2 of them-- like the number of books to read and the hours of volunteer work and remove the facebook one, I now need to use social media for a volunteer position I took and there is no way I can be off of the FB for 40 days. And really -- it's kind of part of mainstream life now. I don't even remember the last time I used email or msn messenger to talk with my friends being as it's all there on one platform now).

And due to some recent events highlighting a part of my life I want to ostrich from, I am newly focused on creating the life I want instead of living this one that holds me in the past. It's time to get serious.

A new decade has started for me. I am ready to take the experiences (good and bad) from my 20s and learn from them. I am ready to let the drama and negativity go. I am ready to take my relationships to the next level. I am ready to clean out the closets.

I am a bit terrified, but I am ready.

1 comment:

Northern Living Allowance said...

Happy Belated to you, Arual! Hope you had an awesome birthday. You do write inspiring posts, I have to say. My birthday rolls around in 16 days and I'm going to think of challenges to do again this year. Never mind the NY Resolutions; your birthday is the best gauge out there.

Good luck! :) You're going to do great, I just know it.