Tabs

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2013

I made a list of 13 things I wanted to complete in 2013

  1. 30 Day Yoga Challenge
  2. Watch 3 movies from the 1001 movies you should watch before you die
  3. Hike Johnston Canyon
  4. Go to a sushi making class
  5. Take a kick boxing class
  6. Go to the Opera
  7. Have a Go-carting date with my fiance  DONE! March 30 2013
  8. Play Laser Tag
  9. Try a round of golf
  10. Read Anna Karena
  11. Grow my own herb garden
  12. Take a Burlesque Class
  13. Pose for a Boudoir photo shoot DONE! February 18 2013

Last night I was speaking with Rainman about how we should have a shared challenge. Something that is our thing. I put out the idea of a 365 day movie challenge where we watch a new movie every day for the next year. Instead of watching back-to-back episodes of CSI or Duck Dynasty, we could watch all of those films we wanted to see, have been told to see, never want to see again. It's simple, it means we spend time together, and we can switch off who picks the movie every night. We can have nights out at the cineplex, the cheap theatre and the art house theatres. And in the year leading up to our wedding, it would be a way to save some money while still staying connected and close, sparking conversation and making each of us open up to genres we may never have normally chosen. And it also means I won't have an issue meeting goal 2 on my list.

I know that the first month of January is almost over and this post is a bit late -- but do you have any challenges or a list of things you want to do this year? I would love to hear/read about them. I always feel inspired reading about people setting out and completing their goals :)




1 comment:

Northern Living Allowance said...

These are great goals - and so much fun! I've often thought about doing a Boudoir photo shoot, but am not sure I have the guts to do it, never mind the fact that I don't have an SO to share them with...

My goals this year are pretty simple: graduate school with impressive (to me) marks, get a job away that does not deal with the public as a regular, day to day part of it, and say 'yes' much more often. That will ensure I don't spend as much time in front of the TV and instead get out and have some fun, doing things I wouldn't ordinarily do.

Look forward to watching the items on your list get scratched off! Happy New Year to you & Rainman xx