It's still not quite Spring here despite what the calendar states.
Which I thought was incredibly depressing until I watched a National Geographic marathon of the effects devastating weather in the States had on civilization. Now, this little bit of snow seems like no issue at all. Things could always be worse, right?
This has been my Spring so far:
- My Russian grandmother passed away. We were unable to make it out to her funeral, so Rainman and I made a traditional meal of Koulebiaka in her honour. I am very thankful that I was able to spend time with her in Latvia a few years ago
- Wedding planning. It's officially past the 365 day countdown mark. We were already ahead of the game, so now it's about nailing down the photographer and the officiant, and booking a time for me to find my dress
- Rainman and I have decided to embark on the Insanity challenge. It's been fun, but I have never worked out so hard in my life. Even my half-marathon was easier than this workout has been. It's all worth it though.
- My lovely Maid of Honor had her baby -- a tiny perfect baby boy. I am patiently waiting for my other lovely friend to have hers (it's scheduled for tomorrow)!
- I have been organizing a Pay-It-Forward project where every one will help to contribute to care packages for the clients that use the Calgary Drop In Centre. Just a couple more weeks to go and things are really falling into place. We have a venue, people are signing up for the different items, we have someone from the Centre joining us to answer questions and provide an overview of the services they offer. I am really excited!
- Team McAwesome has 3 brunches coming up over the next 3 weeks. The menus are so delicious, I was drooling while submitting them to the house. Still thinking about fruit sushi, cinnamon bun lollipops, a build your own breakfast burrito station, strawberry pizza, virgin sangria...is it lunch time yet?
- I have been lost in Russian high society reading about the scandals of Anna Karenina
- Rainman and I signed up for the Zombie Survivor 5k obstacle race. Hopefully this Insanity workout will help us survive and run faster than the zombies