Even though summer pleads for spontaneity, I am a planner.
And so I am beginning to rev up for a frugal and fun summer.
- more bike rides --exploring my neighborhood and the neighborhood next to us, coasting down back roads, leisurely day trips, quick trips to run errands, just more time on the saddle.
- early morning coffee on the balcony, late night toasts on the patio. more time outside of the house in our outdoor living areas
- recharging my soul midday during the week by enjoying picnic lunches sitting outside. kicking off my shoes to feel blades of grass between my toes
- more fresh fruit and vegetables bought from farmers at the market or their roadside trucks.
- popsicles. lots and lots of popsicles.
- mini road trips around the province. stopping at those landmarks along the highway. detouring to those landmarks that are word of mouth must-sees
- reading everything under the sun. literally.
- waterfights and surprise water balloon attacks.
- blowing bubbles and sidewalk chalk murals.
- sandals, sundresses and straw hats.
There's nothing like getting high on summertime. And making the most of every single moment.