Tabs

Thursday, May 2, 2013

16 weekends of Summer

Counting from May Long weekend till September Long weekend is how I calculate summer. And now that I am a full fledged adult who works 40 hours a week, 5 out of 7 days, it doesn't leave a lot of time to soak up the summer fun.

Even though summer pleads for spontaneity, I am a planner.

And so I am beginning to rev up for a frugal and fun summer.

My hopes:

  • more bike rides --exploring my neighborhood and the neighborhood next to us, coasting down back roads, leisurely day trips, quick trips to run errands, just more time on the saddle. 
  • early morning coffee on the balcony, late night toasts on the patio. more time outside of the house in our outdoor living areas
  • recharging my soul midday during the week by enjoying picnic lunches sitting outside. kicking off my shoes to feel blades of grass between my toes
  • more fresh fruit and vegetables bought from farmers at the market or their roadside trucks.
  • popsicles. lots and lots of popsicles.
  • mini road trips around the province. stopping at those landmarks along the highway. detouring to those landmarks that are word of mouth must-sees
  • reading everything under the sun. literally.
  • waterfights and surprise water balloon attacks.
  • blowing bubbles and sidewalk chalk murals.
  • sandals, sundresses and straw hats.
There's nothing like getting high on summertime. And making the most of every single moment.



No comments: