Tabs

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chicken Soup (heals my heart)

My plus one yesterday stepped up to the plate and made me homemade chicken soup. He sent me a text at noon and stated that he would do it if I made my way to his house.

I packed up the dog and wearing sweats, no make up and my hair pulled back into a messy bun, I went to his house where I passed out in his bed. I woke up to find him busy at work, cutting vegetables and chicken to add to homemade broth. As miserable as I felt, this simple action warmed my heart.

I lied on his couch, watching him play NHL 2012 and realized that I really am unbelievably lucky. And that all of the stuff I went through in the past led me to that moment where I found a man who took the time to attempt to make me feel better.

I'm not perfect. I'm whine-y when I am sick. I am naturally worried about the future. Things in the past eat away at me. I use sarcasm and dry humour to mask my emotions. My observations about people can be cuttingly mean.

He is not perfect.

The simple act of making me soup while I was ill made me realize that he genuinely cares about me. And that is really all I want.

To the chicken that gave up his life so that I could feel better, I thank you. And to the plus one that does his best to show me he cares, I thank you. And to the people in the past that made me doubt that I would have all of this, pushing me to prove all of you wrong, I thank you. I have something great in my life. I will continue to nurture it to keep it vital and growing.

Lung.

1 comment:

Gracelyn said...

This makes me smile :) You are a great person who does so many things for others and you deserve the best! I'm glad to hear you have it with your "plus one". Wishing you lots of love and luck.