Tabs

Monday, October 29, 2012

Life Snippets


  • I have decided that if this is the last year for the world, I have had a pretty amazing year.

  • Team McAwesome made a Halloween themed brunch this weekend at Ronald McDonald House and we all dressed up like Super Heroes. My favorite moment was when a little boy staying at the house around 3 or 4 years of age actually thought Rainman was Spiderman and thought it was amazing that Spiderman was making him breakfast. I think it really brought to light to Rainman just how impacting cooking brunch at RMH can be. And if it was even more possible, I fell more in love with him.

  • I started contacting vendors about a possible location for our wedding. And I am back to feeling a bit overwhelmed. Although it is looking like the zoo would be a pretty fabulous place to host this. As long as at the end of the day Rainman and I are married, it was a success. I have to stop worrying about all of these little tiny details that are freaking me out. Rainman has been amazing so far --his input into the details have been extremely helpful. I can't wait to be Mrs. Rainman ♥

  • Exciting news for my 30 B4 30 (is over) list! I am almost at the final boss for Buffy!!!! So like tonight, I could officially be completing this video game that I have poured hours of my life into! :)

  • I am officially signed up for NaNoWriMo. My first go at it has me nervous about making daily writing requirements and excited about the possibilites I can create. I have a bit of a plot outline in my head, so ready to go on Thursday

  • As of yesterday, I met my goal of giving back 100 hours of volunteering in 2012. Still 2 months left of the year. If I can complete 30 more hours, then I will also have reached by goal of giving back 200 hours in my 30 B4 30 (is over). Pretty awesome. I have had such a blast volunteering, meeting people, organizing group events and learning new skills. I am super thankful that I have been able to utilize my time for this. And for the people I have surrounded myself with that love giving back as much as I do.






1 comment:

Northern Living Allowance said...

Right! Nanowrimo starts on Wednesday...gosh, I wonder if I should give a go again? Not like I don't have anything else to do, but I've been really enjoying my Creative Writing class, so I think it would tie in with that nicely...somehow. :) Good luck and have fun with it! :)