Tabs

Friday, November 9, 2012

The weekend starts here

Happy Friday friends!

We had a huge snowfall take place and more to come! This has me super excited because Rainman and I are doing a winter fun day with our fabulous photographer for engagement pictures. So yes, the roads suck and it takes a bit longer to get places, but you get to wear cute boots, matching mitts and toques, and cozy coats while doing anything!

This weekend we have plans to go tobogganing. Super excited to use our new sleds to whip down the hill and hopefully take them off a jump or two. Plus, being all bundled up and playing together outside is super fun. I can't wait to throw some snow in Rainman's face. See that? ahh, love :) I also plan on video games, some movies and the Breaking Amish 2 hour finale. I love me some bad reality television.

We are also halfway through the Wild Rose D-Tox cleanse, so this weekend will be spent keeping ourselves full with creative meals and not thinking about how much we love to sip adult beverages. That has seriously been the most difficult part. I sure love to enjoy a glass (or bottle) of wine while watching movies or beers while playing video games. I can't even say that I feel all that different on this cleanse, maybe a bit moodier and I don't crave sugar as much today as I did on day 3. I am thankful that I spent so many weeks earlier this year playing "Chopped" to clean out my freezer and pantry. It's really helped me cook fabulous meals with the foods we are allowed to eat. This weekend I plan on fish tacos using boston lettuce leaves for the tortilla shell, chicken shish kabobs and as a treat we are going out for shashimi. Not to mention some hummus, guacamole and salsa to snack on with veggies. Have you ever done a d-tox of some kind? How did you keep your meals interesting?

Of course, it is Remembrance Day on Sunday, so hoping to get to one of the ceremonies downtown and show my gratitude for what I have gained from others' sacrifices.As I have mentioned many times, my paternal grandparents met in a work camp in WWII. I am always thankful for their courage and bravery that allowed me to even exist.

What are your plans for the weekend?


1 comment:

Northern Living Allowance said...

Have fun with the engagement photos! Sounds like way too much fun: so many engagement photos are rather "appropriate" if you know what I mean, more about how they feel they should look (moody, in love, etc), and don't really show who you really are. (I'll probably get in trouble for saying that...)

I've done some detoxes. I finished one last week. I get it from Shoppers and it's called Bodylogix. It's a week-long cleanse and works quite well. I modified it somewhat, but felt great afterwards. I would like to do the Wild Rose cleanse, but after reading the small print, it says not to use it if you've had some kidney problems, which I have, so I'm reluctant to press any issues there. I think they're great all around.

I have the stuff for your parcel, I just need to get myself sorted out to mail it. x