Tabs

Monday, May 9, 2011

Things I can now say happened before I was 30

I got my first cast.

We were just fooling around, play fighting, flirting. And I tried to brush the pain off as though it was nothing and would go away.

Except, the pain just got worse. And even though I tried my hardest to tell him it was nothing, he could read it in my face. And off to urgent care we went.

I was expecting a pinched nerve. Soft tissue damage. Maybe just a bad bruise. I was not expecting a clean fracture across my wrist that even the doctor stated was "the weirdest fracture [he] had ever seen" and after 4 hours of waiting, they wrapped my left arm up in a cast and told me to come back in a couple of weeks.

I have broken my toe a few times. In all of those instances, I just taped it to the toes next to it and went on with life. This cast thing? It kind of gets in the way of life. Washing my hair was an adventure. It took me a bit of work to figure out how to open up the pickle jar last night. And typing all day has made my arm incredibly tired and sore.

But at least I can say that I have had a cast now, I guess. Nothing like adding to life's escapades. ;-)

No comments: