Tabs

Monday, May 2, 2011

Tweet, tweet!

Hi friends,

I have been living a fun life, but haven't been good on filling in this little space of mine about it. My apologies. I'm on twitter a lot more these days, so if you're on it, let's follow each other! Find me @lowqis and let me know that you found me through my blog :)

Here's a bit of a run down of my worldly events:

I have added a few more hours to my volunteering goal with helping out the City's River clean up. It was a super gorgeous day and I shared a lot of laughs as I picked up litter that had been carelessly tossed in one of our city's bike path parks. Strangest find was a box spring mattress. Grossest find was a home made crack pipe. And dog owners? Seriously, be responsible and pick up after your dog. No one wants to see that shit (literally).

I attended a glamourous 60s themed cocktail birthday party. I loved having my mom do my make-up and hair, gossiping with her all afternoon. I loved seeing my friends all dressed up. I loved seeing my date in a suit. The venue we were in was pretty loud for casual conversation which was too bad, but everything else was pretty sparkly.

My favorite chef has been cooking up a storm for me lately. I'm pretty spoiled. I like helping him out and learning about the ways of the spices. He's super creative and his passion for cooking is my favorite part of dinner.

My best friend and I went and had our nails did. That was a fabulous way to gossip and I think we discovered our new shared hobby :)

This week holds lots of fun too: a literature event tomorrow evening (Miriam Toews is reading from her new book!), seeing Alberta Ballet's Fumbling Towards Ecstasy on Thursday (it's inspired by Sarah McLachlan's music!), helping to host a fundraiser on Friday for The Ride to Conquer Cancer and then seeing the final installment of the Fast and the Furious Franchise on Saturday.

My life has been super fun lately :)

Also, today was election day. Were you happy with the results? I was (what can I say, I am a good Albertan girl who loves her rye and votes conservative)!

No comments: