Tabs

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Why not NOW?

Last night I attended the graduation of The Basics latest graduating class. A good friend of mine started attending these workshops earlier this year to help grasp the things she wanted in life and asked me to attend.   And because I want to show and give her all of the support I can as she carries on down her life path I went.

Not only did we cheer on this class that went through an intensive, emotional, boot camp weekend to figure out what they want and how they can get it via learning how they react and think when in situations, and how they can change those thought processes, we were also provided with an hour long presentation from a women who graduated 15 years ago and fully believes her life is the success it is now because of The Basics (and the follow up courses).

One of the main messages given was that you can have the life you desire and you can have it today, right now, not "some day." After the graduation, guests had the opportunity to network with those that have attended and sign up. Although at this point in my life, I do not see The Basics as part of my path, I do agree with the message that you create the life you want and you do it today.

Yes, it felt a bit like a sales pitch and that I was being recruited. But I know its because of my friend's desire to see me excel in my life. I feel right now I am taking steps and measures to create this life I want. And when I do decide on something, I just go out and do it. I do believe in NOW.

In a couple of weeks I will be posting my results for the goals I created for this quarter. And I am so pleased with the results so far. Because of that "now" attitude, I tackled those things I wanted to get done with a vengeance. Maybe I am not ready to spend the money on a weekend with strangers dealing with emotional roots to understand how I think and how I could think differently, but I am definitely ready to continue tackling these little challenges. They may not completely alter my life, but they are reminding me that I can finish things I set out to do and handle bigger and bigger projects. They are helping to create habits to form my own basics of personal development.


No comments: