Tabs

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What I am Reading Wednesday

Well, actually, this post is not about what I am reading, but about what the kids are reading. I am holding a book drive for The Kids Cancer Care Foundation to help stock their library in their summer camp. I am collecting books (new and gently used) for kids between the ages of 3 and 8.

Books have always been very comforting for me and I can only imagine the comfort they may bring a child who is sick or dealing with a parent or sibling who is sick. The way you can escape into other worlds through a book or the way they can evoke happy memories is partly why books have had such an enchanting power over me.

I want to share that with other kids.

If you are in town and would like to contribute, leave me a comment with your email address (I monitor comments and won't post your info!).

No comments: