Tabs

Monday, September 30, 2013

Thankful

With the changing of the leaves, the drop in temperature, the layers of clothing, and the smell of spiced pumpkin comes October. As we harvest the fruits of our labour from the Spring and Summer seasons, we begin to prepare for the celebration of Thanksgiving.

September was my month to focus -- to reflect on my goals and the direction I wanted to steer my life in. To take the steps and measurements to instilling habits that would serve me better. I spent a month running, a month learning to breath and bend, a month of planning the "new" year.

And I feel set up to jump hurdles, move mountains, swim oceans. I have my priorities in front of me. I am ready to accept my past, my present and prepare for my future. 

Melody Beattie said "Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." It's the perfect reasoning as to why my challenge for October is developing an attitude of gratitude. 

31 days of appreciation for the things I have, the people I am surrounded by, the challenges that bring change. 31 days of praising the life I love. 31 days acknowledging my personal cornucopia.

I will be using the hashtag #31DaysOfThanks on Instagram and Twitter. Some days may be an abundance of gratefulness, others may be a struggle to find even one thing. My hope is at the end of 31 days to have a refreshed outlook on life, how I got here, and where I am going. And in the process to grow, have more joy, and bring joy to others.


"Gratitude is the sign of noble souls" Aesop






1 comment:

Northern Living Allowance said...

You're awesome. If anyone can do this, you can. I think it's something I should join you with; I'm feeling a bit out of sorts with all the changes and purging going on right now. But exciting things lie ahead, I just know it, so it will be worth it! <3