Tabs

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Focus

I celebrated every single day of August. It was a blast -- some days I had to think outside of the box (example -- how does one celebrate Lighthouse Day in landlocked Alberta? By having lunch at the Lighthouse cafe!), other days were planned in advance. It was a great way to spend a month of summer.

It's back-to-school time. Not for me, although I wish so bad it could be. Back-to-school was always my favorite time of year -- fresh new supplies to help me succeed, new outfits to help me achieve the persona I wished to be that year, seeing friends after a 2 month break and the challenges of learning something new by applying what you already knew. I know I am not the only person who still feels like September is more of a new year then New Years -- Google this and I bet you will find tons of blog posts on the very subject.

It's a great time for me to work on goals I have. Take deep breaths and focus on what I want to achieve. It's the final third of the year, so there are still 4 months to complete goals set out on January 1.

My plans for focus in the next 30 days are as follows:


  • A 30 day yoga challenge
  • Running a mile a day for 30 days
  • Playing chopped again within our deep freeze and pantry to help with budgetting
  • Checking even more off of the wedding planning to-do list
  • Abstaining from alcohol as much as possible (there are plans to hit up the Monster Trucks and, let's be honest, a girl needs draught beer while cheering on Monster Mutt and Gravedigger)
Time to sharpen my pencils and get back to business. September is in session.



No comments: