Tabs

Friday, September 26, 2008

September Review

September has been a rough month. Finishing up my two courses has become a nightmare. I have written both finals and still have the papers to write (which need to be done this weekend in order for me to fulfill my contract obligations with Athabasca University). My English Final, I feel fairly confident that I scored well. My Psychology final…well not so much. I am pretty sure I bombed that exam and I need to write an amazing research paper in order to secure a passing grade. Canadian Art History is flashing before my eyes when the same situation occurred. I ended up with a C in a course I could have easily received an A in.
I think I may be putting too much pressure on myself and have decided to refocus on my original two goals: Finishing school and buying a house. I think that once I started these goals in motion and realized how much potential and possibility I have within, I became obsessed with completing all of my goals or the goals I think I want to complete: the idea of perfection and leading a completely pulled together life. Except, I have too much on my plate with my large goals right now and this month has proven that I am working myself to the limit. I almost broke down in tears writing my psychology final because I wasn’t prepared enough. I think I need to shelf my 101 in 1001 days goal right now. Occasionally I may complete some of those items, but I can not make it a focus or a priority right now. Finishing school and owning a house are the two most important things to me at this stage of my life and that is what I need to focus on.
I was able to meet my emergency savings goal this month. And will meet my down payment goal when I pick up my cheque from the toy store tonight. I paid off the interest charges on my VISA, but wasn’t able to pay off the hotel charge. This is going to be priority one next month. My other goals included my essays for school which I have been working on and will be done by the 30th only because I really have no choice. I also registered into two more courses for an October 1 start date. October 1, I plan on spending time on making a study schedule so that I am spending time everyday on these two courses thus avoiding feeling overwhelmed the last month of the contract.
The month was fairly successful although stressful. I can’t wait till these two papers are submitted and I can forget all about Child Development and Literature of the Americas (although the literature course was enjoyable – everyone should read Song of Solomon).

1 comment:

Dolly Iris said...

Arual ~ You sound stressed. There is nothing wrong with just focusing on a few things at a time. I know exactly how you feel right now. I was juggling too many balls at once and now it seems they've all fallen down. We need to remember to have fun and enjoy ourselves. I have confidence you'll pull through this weekend on those papers. :) *hug