Tabs

Friday, September 5, 2008

I hate rent...

I can't wait till I own my own place. If I have to work all week to pay for a roof over my head, I want this roof to be mine! I forsee quite a few no-spend days ahead for the plain and simple reason that I am flat broke (besides my savings which I really don't want to spend). I hate paying someone else's mortgage!
My dad is selling his house in March or April as he and his girlfriend are building a new place out of town. He mentioned that he may be in a position to lend me a down payment. I am thinking about taking him up on this offer. If i am going to be flat broke, I want to know that its for owning something.

Finished ranting....for today.

4 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

That would be awesome, wouldn't it? I hope it works out for your dad selling his house and for you to get something to call your very own :-)

Dolly Iris said...

I really hate paying rent too! It's the worst. Good luck with the down payment help from your dad, that would be great!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh that WOULD be awesome!! My parents also helped me out with a down payment last October. I am going to be paying them back once the condo sells, but let me tell you - what a great feeling it is!!! Good luck to you, and i hope it works out :)

Zombie Money said...

I hear ya but I'm going to be really picky on my 1st place and not settle :)