Tabs

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Au revoir beautiful Summer, bonjour gorgeous Autumn

I can not believe how quickly August raced by. It seems unfair that I didn't have enough time to soak in the sun reading. I know partly I didn't make the time or take advantage of any time I did have. Just another lesson learned about seizing the moment. The final look at my August goals reveals the following completions and some deferred goals.
Pay Hair mix charge : Done August 15 (or sometime in there)
$200 in savings account: only able to swing $122. Too much eating out!
$100 in Down payment account: only $22 again due to lack of discipline in the eating out department
English units 13, 14 and 15: DONE!!!
Psych quizzes 4 and 5:DONE!!!
English Essay and Psych Essay: Picked topics for both, started on the English Essay and gave myself a due date of September 5th. Psych essay is a research essay and I began a folder on EBSCO with relevant articles from psychology journals.

Not a bad month, but fiscally could have been better. Part of it is Summer has this way of making me spend money and when I got back from Latvia many moons ago, I never bothered to grocery shop till last week. BUT with September rolling in is that feeling of "back to the books" responsibility.

My September goals:
1)Pay Banff Hotel Charge on VISA: $484.88 as well as July and August's purchase interest charges (July: 111.98 and August: 108.96)
2)$200 into Emergency Fund Savings account
3)$100 into Down Payment Savings account
4)English Essay
5)Psychology Essay
6) Enroll into 2 more English courses for October 1 start

I need to start snow flaking again the way I was last May. I already know the first part-time pay cheque from the toy store is going to be a little more than $200 which will take care of the purchase interest charges. And I am receiving a raise at my full-time job which will aid in the savings goals I think. And I have my English and Psychology final exams this month so goals 4 and 5 are really inevitable. I look forward to a successful month. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your goals! I see you located in Calgary, I'm over in Vancouver BC! I love when i come across other Canadians blogging their way to financial freedom!