Tabs

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's time for a change

A comes home tomorrow and I can’t wait. I need a hug very badly. Yesterday I was feeling so low and down about myself, but today I decided that I can’t dwell on the past and mistakes I have made. I can only go out of my way and not make the same mistakes and learn from the ones I have made. I keep realizing more and more that I need to grow up. I need to stop partying so much. I need to stop putting myself in situations where the part of me that I hate seems to thrive.
In 5 years or so, I don’t see myself in this city. I don’t see myself dealing with the same drama or contributing to it. That means I still have 5 years to grow out of it. I am starting with my 101 in 1001 plan. And there will be people who want me to come out and party and be the “old” Arual, but I have to be strong and keep with my plan of being the Arual that I love. The one who doesn’t have regrets and is clear-headed in the morning. I am too old to make my plan for the evening revolve around how ridiculously messed up I can get.
I wish it were tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dolly Iris said...

I'm sending u a hug vibe right now.... *squeeze