Tabs

Friday, August 8, 2008

Lego Mini-Me

Hooray! A is home and my much-needed hug arrived. I feel a hundred per cent better with him here. His trip was fabulous and he loved the concert. I guess at one point 70 000 people were singing “run through the hills” with Iron Maiden. A said the bands looked just as impressed with how many people were there as the people there did.
Today, there is a new chocolate place opening in the city where you can order the chocolate you want and they make it right in front of you. I have put this on my list of places to check out and can’t wait to try delectable chocolate that I watched being made. YUMMY!!!
My part-time job shorted me by 2 hours on my pay cheque. I was assured that they would put those 2 hours on my next cheque, but I am so not impressed. I think I need to look for another part-time job. I can’t wait for the day when I don’t have to work two jobs. Nothing like motivating a girl to aggressively save and finish up her education then to pay her minimally to deal with managers that appear to becoming more and more clueless.
This weekend looks like a low-key spending weekend. A work BBQ followed by a play tomorrow, but nothing planned for Sunday. Tonight, I am watching my friend’s baby and hanging out with A. Did I mention how happy I am that he is home?

2 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

That's great that he is back and you can enjoy the weekend together :-)

I understand about the paycheck being shorted, it has happened to me so many times in the past!! Just make sure to get what is due to you on the next one. (imagine all the people out there who might not even notice??)

Enjoy your weekend!

Dolly Iris said...

Nothing burns me more than getting shorted and being told it will be on your next cheque. I think they should cut a cheque then and there. It's a good thing you weren't desperate for the money.
A is back!! Yay! I hope you get many snuggles!