Tabs

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Healthcare Snowflaking

I have A on my benefits plan and I pay his healthcare every month. This only started in July and I don't notice it off of my check. A is going to pay me back what is deducted off of my check for his healthcare and because I don't notice, I am going to split this amount in half every month transferring half to my down payment fund, and half to my emergency fund. By December (which is the last month in Alberta we have to pay for healthcare!!!) I will have increased both acounts by $132 each. Doesn't seem like a lot, but will add to what I am already contributing. And every penny counts..

2 comments:

QL girl said...

Nice tactic to get your savings growing...otherwise you probably would've spent that money. (At least I think I would have! hehe)

Dolly Iris said...

That's great. Every bit helps! I am usually the one paying for benefits in my relationship too cuz BF doesn't have them at his work. If I stay on at this job I will have them in another 5 months but I'm not sure about this place.