Tabs

Friday, August 22, 2008

TGIF Timewaster

Another week bites the dust! I received my Internet bill yesterday and was surprised that it carried the balance of last month onto this month when I remembered paying it in August. I called the company and they informed me that no payment has been made since July. Then I re-checked my bank records and saw my mistake. My cell phone and my Internet are with the same company but different divisions, and when I paid the bill I wasn’t paying attention and paid my cell bill instead. Now I have to pay a late fee!!! GRRR. This morning I straightened it all out and paid my Internet off. I don’t what I would do without being as I don’t have cable anymore nor can I imagine not being able to check my facebook regularly.
Not a whole lot planned this weekend. Going to a concert with a friend on Saturday night and I went to check out this photography exhibition. I am hoping that I can have no-spend days today and Sunday to help in my 101 in 1001 goal of having 500 no-spend days out of the 1001. I have to average about 15 no spend days a month for the next 33 months to meet it. This month I have 4 (although possibly more because I wasn’t really tracking it at the beginning). On my other Blog I have a chart to showcase the no-spend days.


EDIT: So I realized that yesterday in the same blog post I wrote about paying my bills and having a spend-free day. I forgot that paying my bills counts as spending so no no-spend day for me! When you do everything online it feels less like spending, more like transferring. But Sunday for sure, I am going to make a spend-free day.

2 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

The weeks sure go fast, don't they?

Sounds like a great weekend you have planned :-)

You have an interesting way of calculating your no-spend days... I really need to work on my list!!

Dolly Iris said...

Oooh! A photography exhibit sounds really fun! I am into photography but I'm so very amature.