Tabs

Monday, August 31, 2009

Life isn't about finding yourself...

...life is about creating yourself (unknown).

I was in Chapters this weekend because part of my new duties as a host with the networking group is hosting a table at the book club events. Which means I get to buy new books to selfishly devour while dishes pile up. I walked past the journals and there was a journal with this quote on the front. Instantly I felt like that is exactly what I am doing. I am going to start creating the person I want to be. I bought the journal. And staring at the blank pages that are begging to be filled with thoughts and adventures and dreams stirs so much inspiration inside of me.

I want to have a life where I have the awesome home that I love entertaining in and love being alone in. I want a group of girlfriends that I can brunch with, visit art galleries with and devour huge pieces of chocolate cake while sipping coffee in cafes with. I want a reliable vehicle that I can jump in and take off on a road trip at the spur of the moment. I want to travel more -- either locally or far off in imaginable lands.

I want to start doing all of the things I want TODAY. Tomorrow never seems to come and I need to start living in the moment more. Start living the life I have always imagined that I would have one day.

I am on a "stay-cation" this week. I plan on spending the week reading, writing, sipping coffee in this cute cafe I discovered last week and setting up my new apartment.

1 comment:

Janine said...

I really like this post... I often feel this way and try to make sure I'm working towards making my life what I want it to be.. and being the person I want now (not in ten years). I'll share that cake with you ANYTIME you want... I do love a good piece of chocolate cake.