Tabs

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Light the Night

Last night I walked with hundreds of other people carrying illuminated balloons to show support and to remember those in our lives battling or who battled a blood cancer. My best friend's mom passed away last September from myeloma after many, many years of showcasing impeccable strength in a battle against the blood cancer. Unfortunately, Cheryl was not able to make it to the walk with me, but her dad did. It was really nice to walk beside him.

Cheryl and my team raised $1602.50 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada through online and cash donations (cash donations are not up online yet). Our goal was $1000 and we surpassed that. I would like to thank all of my friends, family and fellow bloggers who sponsored me. I would also like to thank all of the random people I talked to at the bar on Friday night about this cause who also donated whatever they had in their pockets. Every penny counted :)


No comments: