Tabs

Monday, May 17, 2010

My life in a list -- favorite fiction

1. Bridge to Terabithia : I know what's coming, and (possibly because of that) I still ball my eyes out every time I read this classic kid lit novel.
2. Oryx and Crake: I am a sucker for dystopic futures. I loved this so much my cat is named Oryx
3. The Handmaid's Tale: Again...dystopia!!! The procreation ritual is super creepy too.
4. The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle: A high society girl who joins the ranks of pirates. Another favorite from my childhood
5. Fall on your knees: I recently read this for Food and Fiction and seriously --everything VC Andrews wishes she could have written about in a meaningful way.
6.The blind Assassin: I might have a weakness for Margaret Atwood.
7. Tay John : Can Lit mythology!
8. The Old Man and the Sea: a sad tale
9. Song of Solomon: Had to read this for a class and fell in love.
10. Veronika Decides to Die: this book inspires one to really appreciate life.

I am participating in The Ride to Conquer Cancer. If you would like to sponsor me, click here

No comments: