Tabs

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Credit Card Usage

I just returned from the pet hospital. Sometime today, while playing in the reservoir, my dog broke her nail so that it was barely hanging on. There was a lot of blood that I didn't notice till we got home and she left a trail on the tiles. Right away I had A drive us to the emergency pet hospital, where Molly was put under and her nail removed. $275 later, I have a happy dog and a regular heartbeat again. It sucks that I had to use my credit card, but I am glad I had it.
I leave in a few days for my trip. I am very excited, but now nervous about my dog and cat. My brother is going to stay with them and I know that they will most likely be fine, but what if? I know my brother will call my mom and she will be able to handle the fiscal side of an emergency. But still, I hate thinking I will be so far away and pretty much unreachable if something were to happen... Scary!
I will worry about this charge when I get back. I am going to be paid twice while I am gone and unable to touch the money. I will also get a measly 8 hour cheque from the toy store while I am gone too. I am hoping to make some major monetary changes, and some debt destruction when I get back.

2 comments:

Dolly Iris said...

Aww, my poor baby that passed on this year had to have an emergency surgery to amputate part of her tail last year and it was bloody expensive but totally worth it. :)

Canadian Saver said...

Oh this is definitely a time to whip out the CC if needed yep! I hope Molly feels better soon.

Probably by the time you're getting ready to leave, she'll feel a lot better and you can go without worrying too much.

Are you going to be able to blog on your trip? I hope we can see some pics?