Tabs

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Watering my garden with tears

I thought it was time. The sun was warm and I thought it would be nice all day. I thought a few hours in fresh air would be good for all. The zucchini loves it out there and the pot of beans and peas too. My oldest babies though, my green pepper and my *tear* tomato plants, did not thrive at all. Instead they have lost strength and are now drooping with what appears as exhaustion of life.I can only hope that kind words and strong roots will strengthen their bodies and they will learn to stand straight looking for the sun. Today is the saddest way to start June.

4 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

How about staking them? We put our plants in an actual garden plot, but the transplants are always tied to a stake or one of those metal cage thingies. It's worth a bit of work to save them...

Good luck!

Dolly Iris said...

Mine went through a culture shock too. They are starting to like it out there now I think. I did have to buy some stakes and twist tie a few to give them support.
Don't give up on your babies! ;)

Leslie said...

Oh no! :(

Did you try bringing them inside to recover a bit?

I hope they make it!

Laura said...

I brought the tomatoes back inside and I am hoping. The green peppers didn't make it and I am starting again tonight from seed. They may have to stay inside until it's 30 degrees Celcius out there.
I am picking up more tomatoe seeds too, incase my cherished one doesn't regain his strength.
The zucchini is thriving beautifully out there., thank goodness.