Tabs

Thursday, June 19, 2008

My trip savings

I saved $1000 for my trip. Diligently, since January, I have put away $100 a paycheque and watched my money accumulate. I have never saved before in my life. I am now leaving in 6 days, but the idea of taking that money out is unnerving. I worked hard to get it to $1000 and it took a lot of strength and will power to not touch that money with the promise that I will pay it back later.
The whole purpose of saving that money is here and now I don't want to touch it so I am trying to think of other ways to come up with $1000 in 6 days. I am ridiculous.

4 comments:

pennypincher said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. I hope that you check back in regularly to see my progress as I work to eliminate debt.

Have an awesome time on your trip. I understand how difficult it is to withdraw the money, but I am sure it will be money well spent.

Dolly Iris said...

Congrats on saving the money!! Now go spend it and have a good time girl!

Canadian Saver said...

I hope you spend it on stuff you really want :-) You worked so hard to save, now be good to yourself with it :-)

Meg said...

I have the EXACT same problem... I scrimp and save for something, and when the time comes to spend the money, I want to flake on it! Usually, though, if I bite the bullet and just do it, I'm happy after the money's gone. :) (It still pains me to get rid of so many carefully saved dollars though...)