Tabs

Monday, August 13, 2012

The Authentic Meme


1. How long have you been blogging? Just under 5 years, I started in March of 2008.

2. Did you go to college? Yes and I am still going.

3. Where have you traveled? All over Canada and the United States, as well I have been to England (loved Cambridge, Southwald and of course, London), Latvia and Jamaica. So many more places to see.

4. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Not mistaken for, but often told I look like Jodie Foster

5. What are your three biggest pet peeves? People shortening my name to Laur or changing it to Laurie, People who are consistently late (it feels like you think your time is more important than mine), people who don't clean up after their dogs on walks.

6. What is your favorite movie? So many, but a movie I watch over and over would be the Labyrinth

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea? I am trying to tell myself it should be water, but like Jesus, I change it to wine ;-)

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time? Soak in the tub reading.


9. What is your biggest phobia? I hate that feeling when you are on an unsteady surface and could fall. I have literally been in tears thinking I was going to plummet to my death -- from standing on a coffee table.

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Everytime I try to do some quick math in front of Rainman, I get embarassed. Math is just not my forte. He tells me I am the smartest person he knows...till it comes to adding.


11. What day would you love to relive again? Why? I don't think I have had a day yet I want to relive. But if I absolutely had to choose, it would be between hiking Sulpher Mountain in Banff or Day 2 of the Ride to Conquer Cancer. I loved the feelings of accomplishment those days brought to me. I might just change of the cast a bit.

12. If your life was turned into a movie… what actor would your best friend think should play you? The girl that played Juno -- quirky, cynical, sarcastic, cute.

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years? I have worked at a coffee shop, as a sandwich artist, manning the till at a dollar store, picking orders in a pharmaceutical warehouse, administrative work to sales support.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college. 
I don't know why I can't rotate this, but this is  Sara and I when we were 15. My hair was so short!


15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? I would do a year in Europe, travelling all over, doing both super touristy things and very local-like things.

16. Where do you see your life 6 and 1/2 years from now? Married and we own our first home. And I have taken Rainman on his first trip where he needs a passport :)

17. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be and why? my 30s. I am smart enough now to know what I want and how to get it without sacrificing who I am. 

18. What 5 songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? (You can pick "Middle School", "High School", "College", "Post College" or any format you like.)
  • "The Macarena" -- because while I am figuring out myself I keep falling into the same habits, doing the exact same things over and over. Like a line dance.
  • "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane -- I partied pretty hard in my late teens and early 20s. This song reminds me of myself then.
  • "I believe in a thing called love" by The Darkness -- no matter how many times I taped my heart back together, I never lost hope in love.
  • "Eye of the tiger" by Survivor -- I just keep getting back up every time I falter.
  • "Overcome" by Tricky -- karmacoma -- when there's trust there will be treats.

19. Romney picked Paul Ryan to run as his veep. Any thoughts? Nope.

 

No comments: