Tabs

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tuned in Tuesday on a Wednesday

You know when you move and you take a week off and you lose track of days? Sorry!

But, to follow Ashley's rule, a day late means two Tuned In Tracks! Yay!!!!

So, here's number 1: Emily Wells "Symphony 1- in the Barrel of a Gun"


I first heard Emily perform live at the 2009 Calgary Folk Fest. And fell in love with her use of the violin (and her cover of Biggie Smalls). I love the violin so much that one drunken night, I bought one off of Kijiji. Which leads to another adventure when my brother and I went to pick it up. There is no video for this song, so just enjoy the sound.

And you know when you are driving in your car and you reach you destination, but a song you love is on so you sit and wait it out? This second tune  -- Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi featuring Jack White "One" is one of those songs for me. Again, no video, so just enjoy! You should probably also listen to Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi's song featuring Norah Jones. It's also just as amazing.




No comments: