Tabs

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hi blog

I am tired of being sad. So starting right now I am determined to be happy. I am sad because I feel I have no control over certain areas of my life...the ones I want most control in. So fine, I relinquish my desire to have that control and I am going to focus on what I do have control over. I have control over making sure I eat properly and being presentable. I have control over how I spend my evenings...which means I foresee a lot of bubble baths and catching up on reading that is not school related and watching movies I like and moving ahead with my goal to complete my degree this year. I have control over getting out of bed every morning, with a smile, happy to have another day to face.

I am putting all the things that are making me sad right now into the universe's hands for the moment. I need to take care of me and I need a clear mind to take care of me. I have to believe that some force out there bigger than me knows exactly why everything is happening this way. I am determined to make better choices when the time arrives for me to make one or two or ten (choices).

Starting right now, with this post, I am going to be happier. And smile. And remember all of the things I have accomplished even if the one thing I really really wanted to happen never came to fruit. I like myself more when I think of everything I have accomplished. I like myself more when I am not under a constant cloud of sorrow. I believe I see a little bit of sunshine peeking through.

2 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so down. I'm not certain if you believe in this sort of stuff, but I've been given an affirmation that might help you, too:

"I love and approve of myself." Repeat as often as you can. You can add "and I do not take this personally" if there's a moment when you feel someone/thing is trying to make you do so.

I'm trying to do this right now. It's hard during a busy day, but the idea is to retrain your subconcious so that you can let stuff go more easily.

Be gentle with yourself and take care!

Janine said...

I'm smiling back... go happy girl!