Tabs

Monday, September 24, 2012

The Law of Attraction and thinking

I had a wicked conversation with a girl friend of mine this weekend about getting back what you put out to the universe. Her example is that she wanted to be able to get a new car, to sell the one she has now and pay off the loan on it. Then while at the till in a store, she was asked if she wanted to enter a draw to win a new car. Like me, she doesn't believe in coincidences so filled out that ballot in 2 seconds.

This conversation came at a really interesting time for me because lately I have realized how much time I spend thinking, wondering, investigating and fretting over something that really doesn't matter and shouldn't involve my energy. But because I think about it so often, it just keeps coming up in conversations around me (partly I bring it up, partly others mention the subject). I am so fixated and fascinated with this thing, I am putting it out to the universe to keep sending me reminders to continue my fascination.

And it has to stop. And it's not an easy thing to stop your thoughts. (Go ahead, I dare you, try to stop thinking about something you think about constantly -- it's even worse when you tell yourself not to think about that thing).

So, how does one stop an obsession she has cultivated for a few months now? Thoughts?

1 comment:

Northern Living Allowance said...

Hmm. A though-provoking question in itself! ;) I do this: obsess about things I absolutely shouldn't. It tends to be full-on for a few days or a couple of weeks and then one day I realize I haven't thought about it for a few days or a couple of weeks. It tends to burn itself out because it just can't sustain itself. As for one that's been going on for a few months, I think there's definitely a reason behind it, so you either act on it (if appropriate) or let it go. If it comes back, etc... :)