Tabs

Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday MakeOvers

My weekend was spent at the Folk Festival. Relaxing in the sun, connecting with people from work, developing new ideas about redesigning my life. This thing with A has me looking at my role in the cycle we play and trying to change my reactions and actions. Maybe it won't mean that A and I work out, but it may mean that I will be more mature for any future relationship that may come along.

Usually when I am upset or stressed about something the first thing I do is drink my face off (not good for mindset, wallet or health). I never feel better, but for some reason I have convinced myself it will make me feel better. Not this time. I have made a conscience choice that I only want to drink to celebrate. And even then I don't need to binge anymore. This weekend I did share a pitcher or two of sangria with my friends, but didn't get messed up and didn't do it to feel better. I was celebrating the awesome sunshine, the awesome music, the awesome people. It may seem like a little thing, but it was a big first step for me on making over my life.

I had such a good, positive weekend. I rode my bike all three days to the festival so was able to get in some exercise too. As sad as this has been, it was a wake up call I need. I don't want to live the rest of my life playing this game and therefore need to figure out what I can do or change about me.

Today I was able to request a payment of $500 to my loan. This extra payment (it is from the deposit we put on the offer for the house last month and is part of the $10000 I borrowed from my dad)means that my loan will be paid off by August 13, 2009. I will then start saving the payments towards the $2000 a year for the next 5 years (interest free)that I have to pay my daddy-o.

No comments: