Tabs

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What I am Reading Wednesday

I was blog hopping (or lurking you might say )this afternoon and discovered Lola's Girl's blog. She just started a feature today called What I am Reading Wednesday where she shares her literary adventures with the world on (you guessed it!) Wednesdays. I love to read. I am in two book clubs and working on a degree in English for the fact that it allows me to read with a valid excuse (for example: sorry, I can't do the dishes, I have to read this novel for my class). So I let Jozen know (author of Lola's girl) that I am borrowing her idea.

Right now I am in the midst of Three Cups of Tea. It is the selection for this month's GirlTalk Events Book and Brunch. The synopsis is that Greg Mortenson wanted to climb to the top of K2, one of the world's highest and most difficult mountains. He never made it to the top, but did discover a town (Korphe) where he was inspired to build the townspeople a school. I am only halfway, but really enjoying it. I feel inspired to find some sort of cause or start a project where I am really giving back. I felt this way too after I read Push a couple of weeks ago. As there is only signs from the Universe that could be described as coincidence, maybe my inner voice is screaming at me to get out there and start giving back. I just don't know what project or cause to help which is paralyzing me in a sense (I know, bad excuse).

Anyway, every Wednesday I will be updating you on What I am Reading. Play along, leave comments, and visit Jozen's blog who inspired this series.



Also, City Girl received my Good Karma Present from Kaileen Elise's Good Karma Gift Swap and blogged about it! Check it out! I check my mail box every day in delightful anticipation and wonder who had my name.... :)

3 comments:

jozen said...

i actually picked up the exact same book and put it back down (i have a one book at a time rule).

I will have to go back and buy it after I am done my current read.

thanks so much!

love the post and your blog :)

Northern Living Allowance said...

What a great idea for a blog post! :) This is a popular one at the library for sure, but I haven't yet read it. He has a new book out now called "Stones for Schools" which chronicles his continuing good work in Afghanistan.

I read the "Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" last week and L-O-V-E-D it. I highly recommend it if you haven't yet read it.

Hope you're doing well!

Artist said...

Thanks for the synopsis.