Tabs

Monday, March 8, 2010

A Whirl Wind of a Weekend

On Thursday, my friend and I signed up for the Ride to Conquer Cancer. This is a 200 km bike ride that takes place over 2 days (June 26 – 27 this year). Each rider has to raise a minimum of $2500 in order to participate. We start training this week and I am looking for a spin class to sign up for as well as I will be taking my bike out of storage to start riding every where I go (probably even to spin class).

Thursday night was First Thursday which is an event in Calgary where the art district stays open later, there are discounts and many free events, and it’s a great way to see what’s new in the art community. I had two girl friends meet me at Fashion Central where we checked out the new venue that hosts local, Canadian and hard to find designers. We enjoyed a glass of vino in the café then walked down the street to Art Central where we met up with two other girlfriends for another glass of wine in the Bistro. Two of the girls had to go home, but three of us decided to continue on to beat Niq which is this great basement jazz club. There another girl friend of mine joined us for some live jazz. It was the Sneak-a-peek to my Birth-Week celebration!

To continue on with Birth Week Celebrating, Chuckles and I headed up to Edmonton on Friday night where we shopped, dined, danced and had a great girl’s get away. Driving home on Saturday wasn’t too bad considering how much fun we had the night before.

Yesterday was my final snowboarding lesson. We learned how to turn from heel side to toe side down the hill. I practiced after my lesson for a couple of hours and today I am feeling it. My knees are a beautiful purple colour, I have ice burn on my right fore arm, my thigh is also coloured and my entire body is stiff. It was worth it though, because now with practice, I can tackle a mountain! I think next season I will sign up for another 3 week clinic to work on smaller turning as well as keeping my body more centred.

My birthday is on Wednesday, so I am sure there will be more nights out this week alongside my beginning to train for The Ride.

No comments: