Tabs

Sunday, December 12, 2010

December 11 – 11 Things

What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

1.Self-inflicted drama
There will always be drama. There will always be people, things, events in life that cause..well...life. That is what life is. But I don't want or need to be part of he-said, she-said games. I don't want to always look at events and think (or know) they were personally created by me. And when life does happen, I don't want to look at it negatively anymore. I want to have this outlook that shit happens, make the best of it. Getting rid of self-inflicted drama is going to create an entire new perception of life for me. One that is super positive. It will take a lot of work to change the mind set though.

2.Time Wasted
Hi! Have you met me? Queen of Procrastination. In fact, right now I should be completing some homework and maybe washing dishes (and even throwing a load of laundry in the machine), yet here I am catching up on blogging and facebook and twitter. There are so many hours in a day that I waste. Changing this and becoming more productive will allow me to create the life I want.

3.Clutter
I have way too much crap. And everyone knows: Messy bed, messy head. I need to purge and keep only things I love. I will feel less weighed down if I can achieve this.

4.Unnecessary stress for missed deadlines
Remember number two where I stated I am fantastic at wasting times? This then causes me to panic at the last minute and increase my caffeine intake to get projects done. Which in turn means that I am not completing projects to the best of my ability because I left them to the last minute. Which then plays on my confidence and self esteem levels. Changing this would be good for my soul, heart and mind.

5.Fast food
I never enjoy it when I have it. I am not sure why I even bother with it. So see you later Colonel McBurgerQueen. My tastebuds will thank me the most for eliminating this thing.

6.Missed opportunities
I am human. And second guess myself a lot. And sometimes don't think I am good enough for whatever might come my way. And I get worried about what other people might think if I go after something that might not be deemed "cool." I would like to increase my confidence and know that I am clever, bright and adaptable. And reach for stars. And know that even if I failed, at least I will never regret not trying.

7.Unaccountability
For the last couple months I have been dealing with some self-inflicted drama and have been flaking on my friends a little bit. In 2011, I am determined to be accountable and show up when I say I will and when I know they need my support the most.

8.More tears than laughs
Who wants to be sad? No one. Sadness will be a part of life. But crying over spilled milk and situations I can't control is ridiculous. Those are times when I just have to laugh.

9.Blackouts
This has to do with drinking more than my body weight can handle and not allowing my short term memories to feed into the long term memory bank thus not remembering most of the evening. I'm lucky that I have never been in a serious situation where something horrible has happened. The real point though, is what's the point of going out if you can't remember it?

10.Things I don't love
I plan on only having things in 2011 that I absolutely love. I love nice things and I will no longer settle for second best. That means no more adding to my collection of things I don't love.

11.Weight gain
I'm at a healthy, average weight for my height. I would like to stay here for health reasons obviously. And I needed an 11th item for this list.


As of January 1, 2011 I will be making this blog private. If you would like to be on the reading list, please email me at arualthebutterfly[at]gmail[dot]com

No comments: