Tabs

Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13 – Action

When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)

WOW! Today's prompt is exactly what I need to talk about today. All of this recent reflecting has me up to all hours of the night thinking about the past which is ridiculous as there is nothing I can do to change the past. And I was thinking about quitting Reverb10 because reflecting was actually kind of playing havoc on my emotions these days.

So, having someone prompt me to write my action plan is exciting. And so far what I have learned from the past 13 days is that I want 2011 to be better than 2010 (who doesn't?), I want to participate more in life, and I would like next year's word to be love. The big question is, how do I encompass these elements into an action plan?

As I have mentioned before, I am going to be 30 in 453 days. And I have been creating a 30 things to do before I turn 30 list. These are 30 activities that fall into the either the "always wanted to do that" category or "this will help my life move forward" category or "that sounds just plain awesome!" category. I need just a few more items to complete the list, but with creating each and every item I think about how these items will allow me to participate more in life and will definitely make 2011 a year to remember.

The experience parts of my plan of action I have already started setting dates for. I am excited for all of the fun things I am going to be doing and instead of waiting till 2011, I already have plans set for my Christmas break. I am ready to go now -- to start scratching items off of my list of to-dos. It's the love part that I am finding difficulty implementing. But I have faith that as long as I am nice to myself and others and treat everyone with kindness, then 2011 will be a year that meets all of my expectations.


As of January 1, 2011 I will be making this blog private. If you would like to be on the reading list, please email me at arualthebutterfly[at]gmail[dot]com

1 comment:

Dolly Iris said...

My list is up! Can't wait to see yours!