Tabs

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Love you, most

Perfect love cannot be without equality.
- Scottish Proverb


So we may have morphed into that super annoying couple who tell each other we love the other one more. I know, right? I became part of that couple I hate, but only hate because I was so green with envy. You know what I mean. You hate that couple too because you want to be that couple.

The honest truth though is that neither of us love the other more. If one did, this wouldn't work. One of us would be giving more to the other, an imbalance would be created, feelings of resentment could rear their ugly heads and we would be on a path of destruction.

Equality in all relationships is important. Be it with your lover, your friend, your family or your co-workers. There should be give and take. You should want to do kind things for one another without thinking about what you'll get in return, but you should also feel as though there is some return. Every day I feel so lucky thinking about the things Jason does for me. This helps motivate me to reciprocate. Which in turn motivates him.

This morning I told Jason that there was no way he could love me more. Because love is not something that can be measured or weighed or calculated. Love is not a thing, but an action. And as long as we treat each other the same way, we are going to make it no matter what life throws at us. And he replied that I was right.

And this little thing, this knowing we are on the same page? It's an amazing feeling. It makes me all gushy and mushy and part of that couple. That couple that has something real and forever.


"Love is patient; love is kind; it does not envy; it does not boast; it is not proud. It is not rude; it is not self-seeking; it is not easily angered; it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
I Corinthians

No comments: