Tabs

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What I am Reading Wednesday

I have been slowly making my way through my stack of started, half-finished books that gather dust on my nightstand. I went from six to three in the last couple of weeks. It feels great to finish those things that are nagging you and calling for you every time you lie down for sleep.

Right now, I am focused on Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. And I can't get enough. It's fascinating to read about a person so passionate about something, yet so tyrannical. Here is the man who has changed my technology experience (seriously, I just switched to the iPhone and I can't remember my life before it) and one who so many people in this world regard with awe, yet he suffered from serious asshole-ism. Obviously his attitude towards his employees and the reality distortion field that he projects pushed those people to produce amazing products, but at what cost to their mental well-being?

“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” Steve jobs


I do have to say that I find the bio fairly inspiring despite Steve's character flaws. He was able to imagine a future of possibilities and create what people wanted before they even knew what they wanted. And he did a lot of this before he was even 30.

“Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Think Different, narrated by Steve Jobs




What are you reading?

No comments: