Tabs

Monday, April 28, 2008

Dancing in the Raw

On Friday I received the final bill for my tooth. My insurance covered 80% of the crown and 80% of the lab fees leaving me owing about $570. The dentist bill didn’t have a due date on it, so I was just going to divide it by three and make payments. Then on Saturday morning, my landlord called me and asked if I used my spare room and if they could store some mattresses in there for $25 a month until the end of the year. Being as I have nothing in that room (besides my extra bed), I agreed. I would have stored it all for free, as it really wouldn’t be in my way, but I wasn’t going to back away from a cheque for $200. This now brings my dental bill to $370 and being as I still haven’t made it to the bank I have my refund from H and R block too. Now I only have to come up with $270 and I can pay the dentist off. It is possible that my first pay cheque from the toy store will cover that. I am happy that I don’t have to use my credit card to pay the final installment. : )
The rest of the weekend was great too. I celebrated my friend’s birthday with her (and lucky for us drink tickets were green and we had saved up loads of them so we didn’t have to buy any drinks) and A and I were able to go out for breakfast on Sunday. He bought his ticket to Europe on the weekend. I know that I am going to Latvia this summer, but I am really jealous that he is going to Paris for a few days before he goes to Germany. I want to go to Paris! :)

4 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Wow, that's a neat bonus! I'd store mattresses too, for $200!

What are you going to do in Latvia? I'm excited about Paris, in less than 6 months now!

Laura said...

My grandmother was born in Latvia, so I am going to meet some famiy I never knew I had and just tour a part of my herutage. I am going with my dad and my grandma. It should be interesting.
I am very jealous that you are going to Paris too. I want to drink mochas in cafes while people converse in french around me.

Laura said...

I can not believe my spelling!!! I meant heritage.

Dolly Iris said...

Awesome! That was an easy extra $200. Good for you!