Tabs

Friday, April 11, 2008

Working Girl

So today I had two call backs from my part-time job hunting and had back-to-back interviews with both companies. The First company was family owned and operated and I had a great feeling about them, and looked forward to working with them. It is a toy/baby store, with high-end and unique gift items. I loved it. The second was for a shoe store chain and although they offered me more money an hour, I didn't have a great vibe about the place and wasn't very excited. I wonder if things would be different if I did the interviews in reverse order. Anyway, on my way out of the mall I stopped in the toy store and told them I accepted the position they were offering. So now, up to three evenings a week I will be selling fun items. This will definitely help me with my goal to increase my income by $200 a month....possibly by more than $200 a month. I need to start really organizing myself so that I can get everything done and not feel so burned out. I need to utilize my train time and do school reading there as well as my breaks at work. In four years I will be laughing with my B.A degree hanging up in my new home :)

My goals for April (mini-goals I guess) are:
1) Find a part-time job (DONE April 11/08)
2) Finish South American And African American units in Literature of the Americas course
3) Follow schedule for psychology (NEED TO CATCH UP THIS WEEKEND!!!)
4)Give up eating out for whole month (unless someone else pays for it ☺)
5)Exercise with Pilate's video 3 times a week
6) Increase income by $200
Decrease Expenses by $200

2 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Congrats on the new job!! I would prefer working in a high-end store over a shoe store too!!

Good luck on your goals for the month :-)

Dolly Iris said...

Congratulations! I think you made the right choice. When picking a job for secondary income I think its a good idea to pick something you enjoy instead of feeling crappy about going to a job you don't really want or like.