Tabs

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Homeric Neologisms

It’s April 29/2008 and unless I pull an all-nighter, create a time machine and go back to April 1/2008, there is no way I will complete all of my April goals. I am really disappointed by this.
The following list is what I wished to accomplish to help me get closer to my ultimate goals:

1) Find a part-time job (DONE April 11/08) CHECK
2) Finish South American And African American units in Literature of the Americas course Nope, still trying to finish up South American unit and write the corresponding paper
3) Follow schedule for psychology I believe I am a test and 2 chapters behind on schedule. DAMN!
4) Give up eating out for whole month (unless someone else pays for it ☺) This one disappoints me the most. With the part-time job, I have been grabbing fast food between jobs. I am putting in place a plan to bring soup for lunch to my full-time job and a sandwich to eat on my way to my part-time job for dinner.
5) Exercise with Pilate's video 3 times a week LOL!!! Not even once did I do this!!! I am super lazy.
6) Increase income by $200 CHECK
Decrease Expenses by $200 I don’t think I did with all of the eating out this month.

BUT I can not dwell on the fact that I missed my target. In May I will just have to try harder and be more disciplined, dedicated and devoted to my ultimate goals.

MAY GOALS
1) Get back on target with regards to school work. Have both papers written for English by end of month and midterm scheduled for mid-June. Have written before I leave for Latvia. Write Quiz two for psychology May 1st and quiz 3 and 4 within month of May.
2) NO EATING OUT (again, unless someone else pays for it ☺) Create a meal plan on weekend and make lunches night before so ready to go.
3) Increase income by $200
Decrease expenses by $200
4) Work on Russian language CDs while doing sit ups, squats, lunges, etc.


I am going to work really hard on all of these to make up for my unsatisfactory behavior this month.

3 comments:

Dolly Iris said...

Don't feel to bad! I flopped out on my April goals too, sadly. Boooo

Oh well... let's see what May brings

Canadian Saver said...

Wow, you do have a lot going on!! Don't know how you juggle 2 jobs and school!

Good luck with your May goals :-)

sfordinarygirl said...

You're an amazing multitasker - exercise and learn Russian! That's quite a feat to accomplish for the month.

Have you tried packing sandwiches for lunches/dinners? It's boring but it's quick, easy and painless. When I'm short on time, I just dump the lunch meat, and sandwich fixings into a big tupperware and eat it like that with no mayo or mustard. it's cheap and somewhat tasty.