Tabs

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Culture Nets

I hate when I am really excited to do something and the week takes forever!!! And the days within that week take forever! I can’t believe it is only 2:30 on Wednesday. This means I still have the rest of today and then tomorrow (where I work both jobs—oh the agony!) to get through before we are on our way for our Banff trip.
I looked at my bank account, and it is still above the $1000 dollar mark in my chequing account. I have never had this before and I don’t want to spend any money in order to keep it there. Usually I spend money like it’s burning a hole through my bank card. Now I am almost afraid to spend it!
I think when I get back this weekend, money I have left over I will put on my VISA and transfer some to my down payment fund. And the snow flaking? I love it! I have so much fun looking for money to put towards that fund. I can not wait till the end of the month to look at how much I was able to “raise” by being more conscience of where my money goes. It’s one thing to allocate a $150 towards my debt, but it’s kind of fun when I am trying to find ways to “make” that $150 plus by giving up things, or buying things on sale and putting the sale amount towards my debt, or budgeting for everything a couple of dollars higher and then applying that amount towards my debt.

2 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

The week before a long weekend drags by so slowly but imagine when we go back to work on Tuesday, the worst (Monday) will already be over!!

Dolly Iris said...

It's funny how much fun debt can be to pay down sometimes!