Tabs

Sunday, May 25, 2008

The old man is snoring

It has been raining for days and days here. I was really hoping it would be gone today in time for the annual 4th Street Lilac Festival, but no dice. Yesterday, my dog had a hair appointment and we walked in the rain arriving soaked to the bone. Is this our punishment for having the privilege of a beautiful May Long Weekend? I knew having no snow that weekend was too good to be true :)
On the financial front, I changed around some savings accounts. I opened a new account especially for my down payment on my house and put $100 in it. I then left the $800 I had for Latvia. I don't think I will spend $1000 over there (especially as my dad is taking care of room, board and transportation), but I would rather be safe than sorry. Whatever I don't spend I will transfer to my down payment account.
I also received my part-time job pay cheque yesterday and this month I working there gave me an extra $400 of income. I put $100 of that into the new down payment account, $200 on my VISA and the rest I left to pay for my dog's haircut, my cat's litter and anything else that may arise in the next week.
What a tame weekend I had because of the weather. I am almost finished another unit in English, so I may be able to complete my May goal of having the first two units completed, as well as the essay by the end of May. I booked my midterm for June 14th so I have to stay focused.
I hope everyone had a nice weekend!


3 comments:

Leslie said...

We went to the local Lilac Festival last weekend, it was a lot of fun. And it smells so good....

Hope your weather improves.

Canadian Saver said...

Cute!

Hey your trip is coming up really fast :-)

SavingDiva said...

I love the puppy! :)