Tabs

Friday, May 9, 2008

I's the b'ys

So A is from Newfoundland and we have been dating two years. His parents are coming to visit in September and even though it’s a long way off, I am still nervous to meet them. What if they don’t like me? What if I say something with out thinking (it’s been known to happen at least twice before)? What if I don’t like them? A tells me that I am worried for nothing and his parent’s already like me (how can this be? I have never even spoken to them on the phone!). I am trying to think of things to do when they are here as this is my hometown and I love it and want it to be in the best possible spot-light (hence why I nixed the tour of crack corner : ) ). It was announced that Santana is playing here the week that Mr. and Mrs. are out, so A bought tickets for the four of us. Because he is the member of some radio station, we were able to buy tickets early and we are sitting in level one, section 108, row 13! I guess if it turns out his parents don’t approve of me, I at least get to watch Santana.
Last night I worked at the toy store and they actually put me to work. Usually, I sort of putter around, straightening stuff and help customers. Last night they had a mother load of product arrive that I had to price and enter into inventory. By 9:00 I was exhausted. I never even realized so many toys for bath time existed!

2 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Ohhh Newfoundlanders have a wicked accent, don't they??? There were a lot at my college (in NS)... and I loved it :-) You're probably worrying for nothing!!!

Laura said...

I think I am immune to the accent. I don't even hear A's anymore and sometimes I can pick up on his friends'. I even find myself using some of their slang asking people where they are to. lol