Tabs

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dream Dollars of Antarctica

This “snow flaking” concept is fun! I am getting so excited thinking about ways I can snowflake and then I transfer right away so that the money isn’t mistakenly “misplaced” somewhere else. And then I have a bar chart that I update on Excel to showcase my snow flaking efforts.

A and I are going to Banff for May Long weekend. We were originally going to go for Canada Day long weekend, but my dad offered to buy me a ticket to Latvia leaving on the 26th of June. So A and I rescheduled our anniversary getaway a month earlier. Because we booked in January, we are getting our hotel room for $400 for the three nights. It looks so beautiful online. The room is a loft suite with a fireplace/living/eating area downstairs and then the bed is upstairs. We also received tickets to the hotsprings with that. We are hiking up Sulphur Mountain on the Saturday, then taking the Gondola ride down and on Sunday we are horseback riding on a trail that takes us across Spray River. I am bringing our own groceries for breakfasts and lunches as there is a fridge in our hotel room. On Sunday night we are checking out this fondue place for dinner. It will be an expensive weekend getaway, but not as much as last year when we decided to stay a weekend in a theme room in the Fantasyland Hotel in Edmonton. Our room alone up there was $800 for two nights. And because my dad is paying for my trip to Latvia, this will be coming out of my vacation fund. Just ten more days till we go!!! :)

As sad as this is, I live only 45 minutes from Banff, yet have only gone twice. A is from Newfoundland and has never stayed in Banff. So all in all, I think it will be a fun, romantic getaway for the two of us.

2 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Oh that sounds like an awesome trip!! I've never been to Banff but I hear it's beautiful................ your plans while there sound like a lot of fun too!

Dolly Iris said...

Awe, that sounds like soooo much fun! I stayed at the Fantasyland hotel before and it DOES cost a pretty penny. Thankfully I wasn't paying, lol.