Tabs

Thursday, May 8, 2008

A quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Today is pay day from full-time job and tomorrow is pay day from part-time job! I looked in my bank account this morning to pay my utility bill and I was so happy to see that there is over $1000 there after my savings and utility payment came out. The best part is that is all of my money too not the banks from when I was locked in the overdraft trap. I was going to automatically transfer most of it to my VISA, but I may wait as next weekend is our Banff trip, and I may want some cash on hand for little things.

One thing I do have to give this blog props for is I am much more aware of where I am putting my money. I still may not make the best decisions and I still may be splurging when I could be saving or paying down my debt, but at least at the end of the day/week/month I know where all of my money went.

I have to work tonight at the second job too. These days are long, but so worth it. I feel so much more in control and independent. A just received another raise at work and bought a beautiful new camera. I used to get really jealous of all of the toys he could buy, while I was struggling to pay rent. But last night I was just excited that he had this new camera. He always wanted one and he finally bought one. My own financial goals are different from his, and when I can make that down payment on my house and hang up my degree in it, I want him to be really excited for me too! We had a photo-shoot last night which was a blast. He let me dress up in different hats and boas and costumes and pose for him. I love it when we are both silly together. 

2 comments:

sfordinarygirl said...

Btw, I started reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and it didn't seem to offer any help or advice. One girl said the book was uplifting and moved her. Maybe I'll try the zahir.

Laura said...

The idea of the Alchemist is that the treasure one is always looking for is in your backyard. I loved the Zahir because of the idea that if you love someone and you lose them, you can't get him (or her) back until you are ready to appreciate everything about him or her. You can search high and low, but not until you are ready to accept and appreciate and love with al of you, will you be with the love of your life.