Tabs

Monday, December 7, 2009

The Best Of 2009

I discovered this on kaileenelise -- a new blog I discovered through Make Under My Life's DYL series -- a challenge that asks you every day to blog about the best parts of 2009. I am up for this challenge even though I am a few days late. What a great way to reflect on the year and make intentions to look for the best in 2010.

Trip
The best trip of 2009 was New York City hands down. I often remember little pieces here and there and dream about going back. From Central Park to the helicopter tour to watching Wicked on Broadway to checking out MoMA. Everything I wanted to do in NYC was experienced in a whirlwind trip and left me wanting more.

Restaurant Moment
On Valentine's Day, Adam treated me to dinner at Piq Niq. I always wanted to go and then head down to Beat Niq (the jazz club in the basement)which is what we did. The dinner was special because I was with Adam and felt really in love. I had lamb that melted in my mouth. And the jazz club after was such a Hollywood like experience.

Article
?? will come to this later. Nothing stands out right now.

Book
The wow book that I read in 2009 was from my Canadian Literature course. Margaret Laurence's Fire Dwellers sucked me in and I found myself relating to the narrator at times, feeling disgusted by the narrator at times, feeling pity for the narrator at times. Its not a book that I have conversed with others about or recommended. It's kind of hard to explain why I felt a connection to a housewife who felt trapped. I just did at the time and couldn't put it down. I read this book a lot while in the bathtub sipping strong drinks.

Night Out
The stagette that we threw for my friend that married on Halloween was my top night out of 2009. Seeing all 10 girls dressed alike made an impact where ever we went, riding in an SUV limo while sipping sparkling wine in champagne glasses was so "sex and the city" and knowing my friend was truly grateful for her friends made that night a blast. Not to mention having almost everyone in the 3 bars we went to sign a giant poster of the bride and her groom with well wishes.

Workshop or Conference
I did not attend any workshops or conferences in 2009 unless you count small business week in Edmonton and area.

Blog Find of the Year
The discovery of Make Under my Life was the gem I needed to stumble upon. I found Jess and her blog when I was at a very low point one night and wanted to make a change in my life. Every week she introduces me to new ideas about living with intention and through that I discover lots of fascinating bloggers who are also on a journey to design their life the way they always dreamed.

I am now caught up and will continue to work on this the rest of the month. I dare you to join me!

No comments: