Tabs

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Best Packaging

I thought about everything I bought this year, or saw in a store, or in a magazine. But no package stood out. I started thinking about what the word package means to me and I realized that the best packaging of 2009 was the package of love. I have two major examples that stand out:

In March of 2009, a new cousin was born and this bundle of joy came in such a beautiful, tiny, perfect package. Danika Lily came into my life and although I don't spend a lot of time with her, I am enamoured whenever I am in her presence.


Last night was my G-Ma's birthday. She had a heart attack earlier this year, but pulled through. I was able to capture a shot of her and my G-Pa stealing a kiss at dinner. The love they have, still strong after many years of being together, 5 kids, 6 grand kids, and countless ups and downs of life, is all packaged inside that kiss. I dream of having that kind of romantic love in 50 plus years.


Love was the best packaging of 2009

1 comment:

Canadian Saver said...

Those are 2 very cute pictures! Love the one of you and the baby, and it's great your grandparents still love each other so much and display it in public like that :-)